Patch 1.3 changelog
- Fixed a crash with the ForkLift when loading some levels.
- Fixed a bug that prevented levels from loading after saving in a previous level.
- Returned surround 5.1 sound option to the menu.
- Fixed a mounted weapon traverse problem.
- Fixed problems related to shaders1.pak and scripts1.pak not being removed on installation of the patch.
- Fixed a delay relating to tagging enemies in binocular mode.
- Normal Map Compression. Requirements: NVidia: Geforce FX Family or better, ATI: x800 card or better. This feature is disabled by default. To enable it, type r_TexNormalMapCompressed 1 in the console after loading a level. Enabling this feature during the game may take some time - the PC may appear to freeze. This variable will not be saved when restarting the game. Enabling normal map compression will have prolonged execution the first time running through a level due to initial compression phase occurring in real time through the level. Subsequent reloads of the same level will yield better performance and therefore we recommend that you run any benchmark twice and to take the second of the two runs for benchmarking purposes since this most closely represents the usual user experience.
- SM 3.0 and SM 2.0x are now enabled by default when graphics settings are set to ‘Very High.’ To see performance increases you must have Direct X 9.0c installed.
- Improved tangent-space calculation to improve bumpmap quality.
- Anisotropic filtering disabled for some textures (light-maps, several lookup textures, fall-off maps) for increased performance.
- When attempting to connect to PunkBuster regulated servers, make sure you are not running with –DEVMODE enabled. Run the Farcry.exe itself (not a shortcut) if you are unsure.
- If you are kicked from a PunkBuster enabled server with the reason “No packet flow,” make sure the Windows XP internal firewall is disabled.
- Improved syncronization in multiplayer.
- Fixed bug in leaning with different player classes.
- Fixed an invisible wall exploit in mp_freighter.
- Please ensure you have your graphics card's latest drivers installed.
(This changelog has been created by Crytek/Ubisoft. It is available inside the Readme that can be found in the "Support" folder inside your main FarCry directory.)